TURMERIC and skin care
- Type of ingredient: Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxodant
- Main benefits: Brightens + lightens skin, Fights Skin Cancer, Soothing, detoxifying, exfoliating.
- Who should use it: In general, people with dark spots on skin, anyone concerned about skin cancer, inflammation, acne scarring, clogged pores
- How often can you use it: Once a day . If you're using white turmeric, as much as you want.
- Works well with: Honey, apple cider vinegar, water
I use the very rare, expensive white turmeric called Poolankilangu cucuma zedoaria, Also Called Haldi in Hindi, no one else I know of uses this exotic form of Turmeric in skin care, and the unique reason it is so rare is that that is only grown during monsoon season in the Himalaya Mountains! It is considered medicinal there, and is highly treasured. It is a pale yellow beige color and NEVER STAINS YOUR SKIN.
I also use authentic Turmeric Oil which is highly sought after, but hard to come by real raw fresh OIL from the turmeric seeds in the root plant 🌱 is rare and is the darling of skin brightening / lighteners.
The orange spice called Turmeric has very little anti-oxidant and is skin staining. It is for flavoring food and belongs in your kitchen but not in your beauty products!