What is it? This super-nourishing lip balm is infused with a blend of plant-based butters and oils to create a silky balm that provides essential hydration and protection for the most sensitive area of your face. Soothing calendula oil encourages the growth of new tissue, fights bacteria and yeast, calms redness, softens, hydrates, and heals the skin in a matter of hours, making it a true star player in our book.
Who is it for? Great for lips of any skin type. Formulated for those suffering from irritation, dryness, chapped lips, bacteria, and lip sores or symptoms of conditions such as yeast overgrowth, cheilitis, or dermatitis.
Packaged in a .15 oz oval flat tube with BP-free plastic
Ingredients: Organic Cold-Pressed Kokum Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Heal-All Plant Oil, and Calendula Plant Oil.
No perfumes, no dyes, no junk!
The silky texture of this balm gives your lips a glow and satin finish while providing essential hydration. The harsh elements such as the sun, hot or cold winter temperatures, and heating or air-conditioning can parch and affect the very delicate skin on your lips. Did you know that lips do not have oil glands? Which is the reason they dry out so quickly!
Directions: Apply this product to lips throughout the day as needed. If the product softens due to heat, simply place it in a refrigerator or cool place for up to an hour to firm back up. For full-spectrum dry lip care, here are a few tips:
- Smoking affects blood circulation in your body and therefore decreases your lip's ability to heal.
- HYDRATE, water is your bestie, but you already knew that!
- Swishing raw coconut oil around in your mouth for a few minutes once a day kills lingering bacteria and draws out impurities, but please spit it out.
- Add vitamins D 1000 and Zinc 30 or 50 to your “hot girl” daily vitamin routine.
- It is important to keep your skin’s outer layer protected and hydrated because lips are naturally dry and lack the oil glands to help them retain moisture.
- Our lips are naturally more sensitive, so it’s best to avoid waxy, fragranced, or dyed lip products to combat dryness or peeling. A good quality lip oil or balm will do the trick.
- Lay off salty food while your lips are healing, we know it’s hard, but the salt and vinegar chips will taste much better when you’re not suffering.
- Even harder, stop licking your lips. Enzymes in saliva are meant to break down fats, proteins, and carbohydrates, which is what your lips are made of, so you’re literally licking off your own lips, ewwy.
- Because your lips are lacking built-in UV protection, light from the sun will cook the water out of your lips without the use of an SPF balm like ours, leaving them drier than before you stepped outside for some sunshine.
Possible lip conditions:
Yeast Overgrowth - Do you have an underbite? Or perhaps you drool in your sleep? These factors can cause yeast overgrowth (and in turn, a yeast infection in the mouth area). This type of infection can lead to dry, flaky skin around the mouth, and sometimes even fissuring (when you get small cracks in the corners of the mouth),
Cheilitis - With this condition, the lip skin has been so damaged from things, or lack of things, and especially chronic sun exposure so much so that they can’t repair normally, without a lot of help, and those vitamins mentioned above. Actinic cheilitis is more common among older individuals.
Dermatitis - An allergic reaction will cause not only peeling but also a diffused redness and swelling around the lips. An allergic reaction is usually also itchy, rather than scaly. This could be caused by ingredients in your makeup, skincare, or even your toothpaste. Cinnamic acid or cinnamon derivatives are a common allergen in toothpaste that people can get irritated lips
Our products are not reviewed by the FDA. I don't make any claims, promises, or about the health benefits of any products. All statements are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent disease. I only offer our opinions and resources based on extensive research, product testing, and customer reviews.
Our Customer Etsy Reviews (% reviewsData.profile_link_title %)
showing reviews from (% reviewsData.reviews.from %) to (% reviewsData.reviews.to %)
0 Review Posted